Nokia 5510 and the Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MacCoinnich, Sep 21, 2002.

1. MacCoinnich macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the MP3 funcitons of the Nokia 5510 mobile phone with a mac? When it's plugged in via the USB port, it turns up on the System Profiler, fully recognised and everything, but I can't seem to get it to show up anywhere else. It comes with a CD with Nokia Audio Manager Software, or something, which says it only works with Windows, but on the CD it does seem to have two folders labelled "Win" and "Mac", and the Mac folder has files that have PPC at the end of it. However, I can't get anything on the CD to open - bar the odd BMP photo or MPEG movie.

And ideas? Or am I stuck with using the audio out cable?

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

hmm, I was gonna buy a 5510 wish I did, do you have VPC? you could try to run it from there, it might be slow but it will get there

3. MacCoinnich thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but there's no chance of me getting VPC. I like to use Mac OS on my Mac...

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Get virtual PC. it's a bit expensive (if you go the legal route) and a little (lot) slow, but it's nice to have... i use it just for exclusive CD content. could be a nice bridge until mac software is developed. meanwhile, keep looking around the net for mac software for it...

:)
    pnw