Nokia 6682 "Browse Device" in Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by The General, Mar 16, 2007.

1. The General macrumors 601

Does anybody know how to do this? I am trying to browse the files on my phone, as I was able to to on my Nokia 6280, but when I try to do it with my 6682, nothing shows up?? It connects. I can send a file if I want, but on my phone I have to tell it where to save the file, and it doesn't show up on the computer even after I send one, but it's there because I can see it on the phone.

Is there some unlocking procedure or something that will allow me to browse the phone memory and card memory (or even just the card memory) using bluetooth? I don't have a card reader, so taking the card out and what not is a big pain in the ass.

I have the USB cable that came with the phone, but that sufficiently does zero. Why couldn't they just make the damn thing USB mass storage, instead I have to use some crappy Windows software called Nokia Suite or some crap like that... :mad:

*Counting the days 'til I get my iPhone* :(

2. CHROMEDOME macrumors regular

I dunno brosuf...I got the Nokia 6682 and all I ever do is just send things from my Macbook to my phone and it shows up as a text message with an attachment. But are you saying you can't send stuff from your phone to your Mac? When I need to send a picture I just click send via bluetooth and then the little thing pops up on my Macbook and it saves it in my public folder.

I don't know if you can browse files so you might have to get a card reader...

3. The General thread starter macrumors 601

Yeah, I can send them like a text message and what not, but with my old phone I could browse the phone as if it were plugged into the computer, and I can't get that to work with this phone.