nokia 7610 and isync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by russed, Jan 5, 2005.

1. russed macrumors 68000

russed

hi, i have just got a nice new shiny 7610 and i basically want to know if anyone has going it to work with isync! i should do but mine just wont show up when i try to add a new handset. help i dont want to enter all my numbers manually!

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

It's a Series 60 phone, so it should work.

Dumb question: did you turn on Bluetooth on the phone?

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Not to hijack the thread but does anybody know if the Nokia 7710 is compatible with iSync?

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Presumably, anything running Symbian Series 60 or higher would be, but I don't know for certain.

5. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

That's what I was thinking too but little quirks always seem to pop up depending on phone models. Just wish Apple bothered to keep their iSync info page up to date! :rolleyes:

6. russed thread starter macrumors 68000

russed

that what i thought, hence i got the phone! apparantly compatability with this phone was added in 10.3.6.

yup! i have pairred it and made it a favourite.

any ideas then?

also the phone wont even show up when i connect it via the provided usb cable!

7. russed thread starter macrumors 68000

russed

8. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I think it's the phone:

depressing link 1
    depressing link 2
    and on and on :(

Something to do with the phone using SyncML rather than mrouter as used by other Symbian phones. Oddly people report that the phone can be connected and files sent via bluetooth so there's some hope.

There's also a very convoluted work around here.

Best bet is to just hope that iSync gets an update soon. Hmmm...

9. russed thread starter macrumors 68000

russed

well a month on i am just having to live with it. i am really missing the compatibility with ical as i never know where my lectures are now! oh well! its a nice phone though if anyone wondered!

10. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

11. Rogier macrumors newbie

Does your 7610 sync with iSync in Tiger?

Hi,

I was wondering whether you've managed to let your Nokia 7610 synchronize with iSync (version 2.0) in Tiger. When I try establish a Bluetooth connection between my 7610 and my Mac (PowerBook G4), I do not have the possibility to check the box in the BT Setup Assistant which allows iSync to function. Therefore, iSync tells me it can find my 7610, but cannot connect to it. :(

Transferring files between my Mac and 7610 works flawlessly however, just as synchronising my 7610 with my PC (using Nokia PC Suite).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

12. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

My 7610 syncs fine with my iBook over Bluetooth (although so far I've not tried to sync my address book). Can't quite remember how I did it, it just worked! I think I just ran iSync 2.0, and it instantly recognised by 7610 and installed some software on it, and then everything worked fine.

So, no good ideas really. Sorry if this sounds like stating the obvious, but try deleting the pairing of your Mac and your phone from both devices, and starting again from scratch, making sure that both your phone and your Mac are "discoverable". Also make sure you are running iSync 2.0 and not the old Panther version. I noticed that because when I had Panther, I'd moved some of the Apps around, the Tiger installer left me with old versions and new versions.

Good luck! Feel free to send me a message if you think I can help any furher.

Regards
    Superleccy.

This might sound silly, but make sure you are running iSync 2.0 and not the old Panther verison.