Nokia 7610 & SE k700

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ang8385, Aug 16, 2004.

1. ang8385 macrumors member

Planning to buy either one, any comments on them ?
    Which one is more user friendly for Mac ?

2. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

I'm getting the 7610. I think overall it is a better phone than the K700. Better battery life (its rubbish in the K700) and much better camera and more advanced software sold it to me. However, it is not yet isync compatible, but you can still get contacts to the phone by just selecting them in addressbook and sending them to phone. I'm almost positive that isync will support this phone very soon. (The amount of people who have been asking for it is quite high).

3. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

I find the UI on nokia's rubbish. The physical appearance also attempts to be quirky but looks kinda.. silly.

4. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

I am familiar with both phones. I have a K700i and the battery life is fine as long as you don't have a direct bt connection to your mac all day long. That will kill the battery irrespective of whether it is a Nokia or SE!
    Besides that the GUIs are equally good. Isync compatibility is not guarenteed for the nokia and is for the SE so that's a plus. And the camera. Who cares. Its a phone. If you want a decent camera (let's be honest 1.3 MP is not quite that amazing) save yourself the cash and get a proper dig. camera.

Besides that you have to get used to the keypad on the 7610. Its a little odd but I've been told you get used to it fairly quickly. Oh, and where the SE really wins it from the nokia is the speaker of the phone. The SE's is nice and clear with good sound quality (considering its size that is). The Nokia's is tinny and have very little range.

Good luck choosing!

5. bograt69 macrumors newbie

I have a k700 and its great, actually does everything I could possibly want a phone to do (apart from memory card slot) and it gets along great with my iBook, I find the battery life is good, but taking lots of long videos does tend to run it down a bit, another good point in my opinion is the fact its not a nokia.....

Mike