Nokia Lumia 1520

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Michael Goff, Sep 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 603

Michael Goff

Jul 5, 2012
    Is anyone else looking forward to this 1080p, quad core, 6" beast of a phone? :D
  2. macrumors 601

Jul 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Nope. But in my case it has nothing to do with WP and everything to do with 6" smartphones--just too damn big for my tastes.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jan 10, 2006
    If it had wacom technology and stylus? I'd be interested.
  4. macrumors 68000

Jun 28, 2012
    No, sorry. I love the Note 2 and will be getting the Note 3 but anything bigger won't work as a phone for me. Also I've not seen anything from WP that would make the Lumia even remotely interesting compared to the software stuff that Samsung has going on for the Note.
  5. thread starter macrumors 603

Michael Goff

Jul 5, 2012
    Ah, yeah, 6" phones aren't for everyone.

I hope it does, we don't know yet.

I kind of hope Nokia will be adding in software like Samsung did. We know they put a decent amount of software to help WP already, so who knows?
  6. macrumors 6502a

Feb 10, 2011
    If it was 5" yes, but my hands are too small for a 6" screen. Hopefully the bezels will be trimmed down from the current Lumia phones to make that huge screen more manageable.
  7. macrumors 68020

Jun 18, 2009
    City of Angels
    I wish they put Pureview Pro camera tech in there, but they didn't

A 1020 on Verizon, that's still the one I want
  8. macrumors 6502a

Sep 30, 2012
    Extremely doubtful. Windows Phone doesn't have full multitasking. At this moment, the 1520 couldn't do half of the things the Notes are capable of.

Note = Phablet = phone + tablet capabilities

1520 = huge phone
  9. thread starter macrumors 603

Michael Goff

Jul 5, 2012
    We shall see.
  10. macrumors member

Aug 12, 2013
    Hey, you know what they about guys with big phones? ;-)
  11. thread starter macrumors 603

Michael Goff

Jul 5, 2012
    They have poor eyesight?
  12. macrumors member

Aug 12, 2013
    On A More Serious Note...

It really depends for me. I would have to play with the phone a little bit. If it fits comfortably in my pocket, then I might get it, once my contract is up, that is.

I think the larger form factor phablets might have a good niche. Seeing that the top selling electronic devices are the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire. Instead of having a smart phone and mini tablet, you could buy one that serves both purposes.

Lol...or big pockets.
  13. thread starter macrumors 603

Michael Goff

Jul 5, 2012
    Maybe both!

I'd have to carry it in my computer bag...
  14. macrumors 6502a

Apr 11, 2010
    I am definitely interested to see this device. Two friends have Samsung Note 2s and it has made me wonder if I would like a larger phone.
  15. macrumors 603

May 21, 2012
    Microsoft is moving like their feet are in quicksand when it comes to updates and features.

Until they get their heads out, I can't give windows phone any real consideration.

Android lag and quirkiness is annoying, but android features and app support slaps around windows phone like no tomorrow.