Nokia Phone Sync w/ Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dynamyk, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2005
    I bought a 6101, it doesn't have bluetooth but I would like to sync it with my Mac via USB cable, the only thing I don't know if the Nokia Software will work on a Mac. Does anyone have a Nokia phone and any suggestions on how to go about this.
  2. atszyman macrumors 68020

Sep 16, 2003
    The Dallas 'burbs
    As far as I know, the Nokia software only supports Windows. iSync does not list the 6101 as a compatible device and the only other option that I know of, PhoneDirector, does not list the 6101 as a supported device.

I'm sorry to say that it looks as though you would not be able to sync it with your Mac unless someone else knows of some other software for it.
  3. gangst macrumors 6502a

Dec 27, 2004
    I'm almost certain the Nokia software won't work. But its worth a try connecting the cable to your Nokia and plugging it in the Mac. The Mac may allow the phone to be mounted and show it on the desktop. If this is the case you can then navigate through certain parts of your phone.
  4. dfwpiper1 macrumors newbie

Jul 9, 2006
    I have a Nokia 6101 and a mac. I bought a CA-42 cable praying the mac/isync or something would recognize it at least. No dice. Looks like my only hope is the Datapilot software..which is like fifty bucks...or getting a new phone. Big thumbs down to Nokia for being such ignorant bastards to such a large percentage of computer users.