Nokia unveils $350 internet appliance

Discussion in 'Community' started by zelmo, May 25, 2005.

1. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

2. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

Wish I had a bigger screen. Kinda of a cool idea, I dont think I would buy one for 350 bucks though. Id take one as a gift though :D

3. dstorey macrumors 6502a

why does engadget never load for me any more? it did this a while ago and fixed for about a week. Any others from the UK have same problem? if not then i dunno what's wrong.

4. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Its working for me and I'm in Newcastle too! :D Are you using the university computers?

5. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Yup. A nice 10" touchscreen 1.4" thick internet/email appliance that also acts as a remote for your computer and AV kit, with a modded OS X interface running on a dualcore Intel chip. With a port to sync that Moto ROKR iTunes phone. Announced at WWDC for a paltry $299. Go Apple!! :rolleyes: :D ;)

6. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Wow. That's quite a wish list... you took the entire MR front page and turned it into a single rumor... with a $300 price tag.

I'd pay upwards of $2k for the tablet I'm wanting... something with some power to it.

EDIT:

Did you say 1.4"? Why so thick? I'm looking for a 12" powerbook (with enhanced resolution) without a keyboard... if it's more than .5" I'll be dissapointed.

7. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

That's pretty cool. Linux and Gnome on a handheld device. The Linux community must be extatic. I wouldn't buy one though :rolleyes: