non-Apple, Pro-like, 2-button+wheel mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by elmimmo, Aug 29, 2002.

1. elmimmo macrumors 6502

Apr 18, 2002
    Months ago I saw a review on a USB mouse with 2 buttons + a scroll whell similar to Apple's Pro mouse, but can no longer find any reference to which brand it was or where to buy it.

It was like the Pro mouse, in the sense that it was a transparent 1 piece block with an opaque center. The 2 button feature was acomplished leaning on either side of the mouse, sort of tilting it. And the scroll whell had a neon-look and glowed.

Anyone knows where can I found info on that mouse?

(This is for a present, and I am quite desperate, so please forgive me for posting this also at's forums)
  2. Angelus macrumors 6502

Apr 19, 2002
    New Zealand
    Yeah i remember that,seemed kinda cool.
    Well what your looking for i think is made by a company called Lindy and its the Lindy Crystal Optical Mouse.
    Hope that helps

3. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Dec 14, 2001
    Well, it's not the same but I just ordered the new Kennington mouse. It's optical, clear lucite with 3 buttons and the scroll wheel is optical as well. I got an email so I'm not sure the url, but it should be on their site.
  4. arn macrumors god

Staff Member

Apr 9, 2001
  5. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    That mouse is definitely spiffy looking. I would get one if I had money to throw left and right :D.
  6. Rags macrumors member

Aug 27, 2002
    That Kensington mouse is nice, the best I've seen next to the current Pro Mouse. I'm still partial to Apple's mouse, however annoying it can be only having a single "button." The way apple's mouse works seems almost natural unlike the awkward and tiresome feeling after long use with your standard two or more button and scroll wheel types... I also hate scroll wheels but the track pad in place of the wheel is a good idea, perhaps Apple should take note for a built-to-order option for people who don't like the current mouse.
  7. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2002
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Best mouse i have owned is the one im using currently.

Microsoft(gasp) wireless intellimouse explorer.

it has 5 buttons+scroll and kicks serious butt.
  8. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    There is also a blue version available.

I like the white better, though.

I would NOT recommend anything from Kenstinkton, especially NOT the dang trackball mice. Ugh!

I hear a lot about about one click being annoying, but I'm happy with my one-button Pro Mouse. :p