Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elmimmo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2002
Spain
Months ago I saw a review on a USB mouse with 2 buttons + a scroll whell similar to Apple's Pro mouse, but can no longer find any reference to which brand it was or where to buy it.

It was like the Pro mouse, in the sense that it was a transparent 1 piece block with an opaque center. The 2 button feature was acomplished leaning on either side of the mouse, sort of tilting it. And the scroll whell had a neon-look and glowed.

Anyone knows where can I found info on that mouse?

(This is for a present, and I am quite desperate, so please forgive me for posting this also at macosxhints.com's forums)

Angelus

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2002
New Zealand
Yeah i remember that,seemed kinda cool.
Well what your looking for i think is made by a company called Lindy and its the Lindy Crystal Optical Mouse.
Hope that helps

Angelus

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Well, it's not the same but I just ordered the new Kennington mouse. It's optical, clear lucite with 3 buttons and the scroll wheel is optical as well. I got an email so I'm not sure the url, but it should be on their site.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

Rags

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2002
That Kensington mouse is nice, the best I've seen next to the current Pro Mouse. I'm still partial to Apple's mouse, however annoying it can be only having a single "button." The way apple's mouse works seems almost natural unlike the awkward and tiresome feeling after long use with your standard two or more button and scroll wheel types... I also hate scroll wheels but the track pad in place of the wheel is a good idea, perhaps Apple should take note for a built-to-order option for people who don't like the current mouse.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
There is also a blue version available.

justy.jpg

I like the white better, though.

I would NOT recommend anything from Kenstinkton, especially NOT the dang trackball mice. Ugh!

I hear a lot about about one click being annoying, but I'm happy with my one-button Pro Mouse. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.