iPhone Non developer and got ios 7 on my iphone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ulises023, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

Aug 20, 2013
    So i had ios 7 beta6 but was having issues with it. This lead me to restore back to 6.1.4 but realized i never backed my phone up when it was at 6.1.4.
    So i wemnt back to ios 7 beta 6, but cannot restore my back up from i cloud as i am not a registered developer...any clues on what i can do?:apple::apple::apple:
  2. macrumors 6502

Jun 12, 2011
    New England
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2010
  4. macrumors Core

Oct 17, 2011
    Why do you need to be a paid registered developer to restore a backup from iCloud?
  5. macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2012
    DFU restore to iOS 6, leave it on the setup screen (don't do anything at all once it's restored), upgrade back to ios 7, then you'll be able to get to the iCloud restore screen.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Sep 14, 2012
    So someone saying sit tight till September 20th is ok to post. I post I got nothing for the OP and I get a message saying don't post frivolous or sarcastic responses. And mine gets whacked. Sheesh I will never get this site. Oh and I am not saying anything about the person who posted the other response. But to some degree everyone post sarcastic responses from time time. I think the mods need to lighten up.
  7. macrumors 68030

Apr 30, 2012
    It says quite clearly, somewhere maybe in the release notes if I'm not mistaken, that you can't restore an iOS 7 backup onto iOS 6. You obviously backed up to icloud while you had iOS 7 and now your SOL. Next time, at least do some homework first.
  8. macrumors Core

Oct 17, 2011
    OP is back to iOS 7 it would seem, what's the issue with restoring an iOS 7 iCloud backup then?
  9. Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    [MOD NOTE]
    Non developers asking for help with the beta is not permitted
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.