Non iTunes Podcast - Under Podcast Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HelixOmnimedia, Oct 28, 2006.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Don't know if this has been covered, I'm sorry if it has and I'm reposting.

Can you get non-iTunes Podcasts under/in Podcast Tab in iTunes Library, instead of having them in the main music library?

Do you need a special program to change them?

THANKS

2. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

For some reason when i download a non-itunes podcast - found from websites they save to the desktop as .mp3 or aac files but classed as podcasts, but never show in the podcast sections under library.

Should have mentioned that in the original post.

3. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

If you subscribe to the podcast (rather than manually downloading from a website,) they will appear in the podcast source. To subscribe to one, find out its RSS URL (for example, the 'main' URL for the Podcast 'Rocketboom' is http://www.rocketboom.com/vlog/index.xml) then in iTunes, go to the Advanced menu and choose 'Subscribe to Podcast...' Type in (or copy/paste) the URL, and it will put it in the podcast source for you. (Automatically updating, too.)

4. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

THANK YOU - it worked.

5. straxler macrumors newbie

Non iTunes Podcast - Under Podcast Library

I attempted to put the URL of a podcast I had to download onto my computer, however the URL would not work. Is there any way to put a podcast to the podcast tab by using the file on your computer?