Non-linear Editing question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by teabgs, Mar 22, 2002.

1. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

I am doing a project about non-linear editing on desktop computers. MAinly I will focus on macs. I just was wondering if anyone knew of any web pages or had any information about the history and evolution of desktop non-linear editing and editing programs.

If you do I would be forever grateful. Thanks a lot everyone.

2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Newtek Video Toaster

You might want to look online for this. I played around on it over 10 years ago. Although Newtek just came out with a new version.

4. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Not quite. I'm looking for information about how different programs work/worked. How they were developed. What their pc requirements were/are. How this is good for consumers and professionals.

This is for a Tech Theory class. I want to show the evolution of consumer hardware and video editing on them and how it allows consumer to work and not just professionals. So I want to go from the early days and what it is like till today with FCP and iMovie.

Does that help?

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

video toaster

You might get some info on a web search. The video toaster was one of the first systems out there. The is a whole user group dedicated to it which would provide you with plenty of material.

Its worth a look, I think.