1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

-- None, drop this

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by timswim78, Aug 1, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Too many off topic posts for me

2. macrumors 6502a

Have a feeling about next Tuesday or know something we don't? :D I may be interested in this Wednesday the 8th, if it is not taken.

3. macrumors 6502a

timswim78

I don't know nuffin', except that I have a mandate to downsize from 6 computers to two. So, the mac mini and three Windows machines are going. The PowerMac and the Opteron/Vista machine are staying.

4. macrumors 6502

You're keeping a PPC over Intel?

5. macrumors 6502a

timswim78

I like the form factor of the PowerMac. Also, it's disks are faster, and it has a lot more RAM than the mini. On top of that, it supports two monitors.

6. macrumors 6502a

I feel that, my G5 dual 2.5 beats my intel mini any day. I am actually looking for a first gen G5 powermac. Furthermore, anything with a G5 (iMac included) is beautiful machine. Still love the mini though, that's why I wouldn't mind maybe buying yours after next week. I want one for every room in my house. Well, at least every floor, and my car. :)

7. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea im also on the market for a powermac G5 dual 2.0ghz or 2.5ghz for a fileserver/audio machine/movie watcher. they are pretty cheap, only bout $600-$700.

old macs are STILL GOOD!!!! very good

8. macrumors 6502a

Is that mainly eBay or the marketplace here? Or do you a good place somewhere else I could find one at those prices?

9. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

that was looking at ebay, i also found one in the local paper but didnt have the money at the time. it was actually $1000, but thats in AUD, im not actually sure if thats the correct conversion to the Greenback...im at school so didnt have a converter. :(

10. macrumors 6502a

I wish I was in Australia. There always seems to be good deals on things I like there. Plus one of my girlfriends from when I was 19 lives there now. That was a fun woman! And the smartest girl I ever met when it came to macs (and pc's for that matter)

11. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

oh i kno. australia is an awsom country. and whats better is its getting hotter!!! about 27

12. macrumors 65816

maccompaq

I don't know where you have been looking, but from my experience, you need to add $500-$700 to your prices.

13. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

depends what country ur in.

14. macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

offer

Since no one has made an offer, I'd like to start one off. $400 USD shipped, minus paralells and windows.

15. macrumors 6502a

I think we are waiting till next week. :) Sorry we have turned this thread into a knitting circle.

16. macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

17. macrumors member

Might be interested in the Mini for my mom and keep Parallels for myself. But I really have no idea what a used Mini is worth.

18. macrumors 6502a

timswim78

It looks like these are solidly going for $700+ on ebay. So, I'll do $620 and split shipping costs (which should be about $10-$15 for most of the U.S.)

19. macrumors 65816

maccompaq

Just looking at eBay today, I find that $1700 is closer to the price than the $700 you quote.

20. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i see one for... $800 US
    $1900 AUD (with 4gb ram tho)
    $900 AUD(1.87ghz dual)

lol and one for $200 (1.6ghz hahaha)

just depends what you are after really, there are different prices ranges for what you want. i was referring to minimalistic specs, nothing like 4gb and stuff..

21. macrumors 65816

maccompaq

You are quoting prices on eBay auctions that are in progress. You will not see any G5 Power Macs with an ending price of $200 or even $500. You can watch a few of them and go back after the auction has closed to check the final price. Those that are really cheap are sold for parts only. I see some that show a price of $200, but that is for the processor only, not a computer.

There is a G5 1.6 Ghz with 512 MB for a Buy It Now price of $739 on eBay right now. That would be a better value than a Mac Mini.