none of my album artwork is showing up in the itunes screensaver

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VeganBryan, Nov 2, 2006.

1. VeganBryan macrumors member

other than the artwork for my podcasts. what gives?:confused:

2. gavd macrumors 6502a

Have you bought any music from the iTMS or have you just got artwork which iTunes has downloaded for the music you have ripped?

Think I read somewhere the screensaver only seems to display artwork of tracks which have been bought from the music store.

3. appletini macrumors newbie

I'm having a somewhat similar problem. I always thought that the iTunes screensaver retrieved album artwork from the Music\iTunes\Album Artwork\* directory, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have about 26GB of music, a majority of them I've gotten album artwork downloaded by using the Ctrl+Click > Get Album Artwork function, and a couple of songs I've actually downloaded from the iTMS itself. But it seems to me that the screensaver will only load up artwork that you manually drag & drop into the "Drag Album Artwork Here" box in iTunes.

Is there a way to fix this, or is it a bug?

4. VeganBryan thread starter macrumors member

i only have artwork downloaded from the store for music i have ripped/downloaded. haven't purchased any from the store though.

5. Mustafa macrumors regular

I think you have to have an Apple or iTunes account before iTunes will access the Music Store to download artwork.

Also if you have non-mainstream tastes, you may find that much of your music is not in the Store and therefore cover art will not be available.

6. mannix87 macrumors 6502

I have artwork that wasn't manually uploaded/& some are from the iTMS downloads but I have no problem w/ the screensaver.

7. kerisimasi macrumors member

no artwork here either

I have the same problem - i got all of the album artwork through itunes (for songs not bought on itunes) and only a few of them will show up on the screensaver. Where does the screensaver draw form?? Maybe there is a way to get the files transferred so that they show up on the screensaver.....:(

8. theblotted macrumors regular

theblotted

this is a well-known issue. i haven't found a fix for it yet, but the work around is to go to Amazon.com, and drag the artworks manually to the songs individually...

then they'll start showing up in iTunes album screensaver. PITA, but it works.

9. Crispy Duck macrumors regular

Works fine for me

I've never had this bug.

Have imported artwork directly into the song files, have used the 'get artwork' feature and have also bought music from iTunes Store –*all of these covers show up in the screensaver.

10. theblotted macrumors regular

theblotted

it only exists in the later iTunes. if you're using iTunes 6, it should work fine.

11. zenosparadox macrumors newbie

same issue

I'm having the same issue: only 6 of around 600 album covers show up in my screensaver.

Specs: OS X 10.4.8, PowerPC G4 867, iTunes 7.0.2.

Any fixes?

12. theblotted macrumors regular

theblotted

no fixes yet, just gotta wait till Apple releases a better iTunes 7.

till then, drag'em manually via Amazon.com.