noob, modded xbox questions

Discussion in 'Games' started by fowler., Mar 19, 2006.

1. fowler. macrumors 6502a

fowler.

1. n/m..

2. How do I go about streaming music/video to it via xbmc?

3. What can I use to create ISOs, then backup to the xbox?

I think that's it.. more to come probably.

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Streaming will generally have to go through SAMBA. I haven't tinkered with it in quite some time, but you will have to edit a certain XBMC file in order to do it.

As far as ISO's, what kind of ISO? You should have an application to fully rip Xbox games to it installed on the Xbox itself. For other games such as playstation, you have to have a PSX emulator plus bios for the emulator before worrying about ISO's, but you should be able to use Toast, among other apps to do this as well.

3. fowler. thread starter macrumors 6502a

fowler.

you're right, i do, i guess i figured i could do it on my g5, since i'm sure, the dvd-rom is a bit faster here.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

1. Ok!

2. You need to get an application called Sharepoints to set up some Samba shares. http://www.command-tab.com/2005/03/27/sharing-media-to-xbmc/, should provide all the info you need.

3. This is relatively easy. I have an app on my Xbox, google it, called XIso or something. Just look for an Xbox ISO ripping app and you won't go wrong. they've very easy. Just put a disc in, tell it where to go and bam. This cuts out the need for a Mac or anything else.
    To rip from a mac, you need to network up (via FTP) your Xbox and copy the whole Drive D. From an Xbox BIOS this usually takes a while, from an actual app (XBMC) its uber fast.

I spent months getting my Xbox just perfect with this streaming nonsense. Any other problems or questions just ask away.

... If you have a 2405FPW monitor then consider looking into banging out your own VGA adapter. I don't know where you get them from but there are HD Xbox BIOS's floating around the web. Effectively with that Xbox of yours you have an untapped 720p/1080i streamer.

5. fowler. thread starter macrumors 6502a

fowler.

do you know of any good vga deals? i saw the x2vga, but it's been discontinued til the 2nd version comes out.. and the ones on ebay are going for a small fortune...