Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Bucks, UK
Right folks

Got a combo drive in my month old iBook 12", with Tiger. I tried copying an audio CD using disk utility, by creating the DMG file, and using Burn Image (or somehting like that). The result was a CD that had what looked like AIFF files on a Mac format disk. Certainly wasn't audio format. Individual files could be played in iTunes, but not in a CD player.

Is this the right way? A couple of how-to docs and Mac Help suggested this method. Surely I don't need to buy Toast or resort to the command line? Any nice free tools that do this, if OS X can't? My forum search found nothing.

Otherwise I'll be back to Nero on XP! :eek:

TIA

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Why not just import the songs into iTunes and burn from there?

If the songs are in iTunes, make a playlist that includes those songs, select the playlist, and click on the burn icon

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif

quad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Bucks, UK
Thanks for the Tip. iTunes will do this, good feature.

But I guess then the Disk utility can't copy audio? And the iTunes method won't duplicate extra CD features such as CD-Text, and hybrid cd's with videos.

Sounds like I'll have to stick to XP+Nero when I'm at home, and iTunes when away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.