Nooo (Macbook shipment delayed)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iUserz, Aug 22, 2006.

1. iUserz macrumors member

My macbook was scheduled to ship yesterday...but I just got an email saying its been delayed and won't be shipped till the 29th, over a week later! :(

Dunno if I can wait that long!:p Not to mention I won't get it in time for school =/

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Nothing worse than delayed gratification, huh? :p

I'm sure you'll forget all about the late shipping once you've had the chance to use it for awhile.

3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Did you do any BTO options??

4. trishw2006 macrumors newbie

I just got the same email, it was suppose to ship tomorrow but now they say it won't ship till the 31st, this does not make me a happy person.

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Maybe they plan to put merom boards in them instead?.

6. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

wow this is terrible news. I was planning to buy tomorrow or thursday online, and I kind of need it asap for school. I was stressing about waiting a week.. let alone if they prolong it for 2-3 weeks...

Edit: looks like it's going to be worth the drive to Atlanta afterall for this thing. I'm not taking the chance of being without a lappy for 3 weeks...

7. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

I kinda feel your pain, I was supposed to get my Macbook today. But I went to the store for 15 mins and I missed the FedEx man. :(

Now I have to wait until tomorrow :mad:

8. iUserz thread starter macrumors member

yeah - 80gb hd

9. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

ohhh.. well that will make a difference.

10. YEMandy macrumors member

My custom iMac was also delayed... Ship date aug. 28th, estimated arrival Sept. 5th.

I'm hoping for the new chips...

11. bklam macrumors regular

I got the same thing, ordered last wednesday and it was suppose to be shipped on monday. Now the 29th. So i got super frustrated to find out WHY? so i called up apple 3 times, 3 different answers. The third guy helped the most. Even offered me a 50 dollar credit to my account. I hope they are adjusting the wire that causes the random shutdowns because i read in another forum that apple has recognized this problem.

In actual fact, the wait can be great for the future if this is indeed what they are doing.

Thank god i'm not the only delayed.

12. iUserz thread starter macrumors member

what were the answers?

13. mox358 macrumors 6502

mox358

Just to chime in... mine was delayed as well. Was shipping the 28th of August, now scheduled for delivery Sept 6.

I did however have BTO 100gb HD and 1 GB Ram too... so I kinda expected a longer wait.

My poor 800mhz iMac is gonna have to hold on a few more weeks :(

14. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

okay, so... no one that has just bought a stock MB has had their shipping delayed??

15. bklam macrumors regular

The first answer was it should ship within the next 24-48 hours because it has been prepared. This was when i was about to cancel it. But they said they would have to put in a request.

The second answer was it should ship today, i was asking if i could expediate the shipment once it is shipped. Could be shipped anytime between August 29th and now.

The third answer is due to a unseen supply and demand issue your macbook will be delayed. However, i have been told to offer you a 50 dollar credit to your account. Apple recognises the inconvience this delay may have caused you and appreciates your business.

16. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

MacBooks are in high demand with back to schoolers, so adding any BTO options
    will delay your shipment.

17. bklam macrumors regular

i'm actually considering cancelling it, but i think in the end i'll just wait.

i got the email as well.

18. iUserz thread starter macrumors member

Seems like I'm going to have to call Apple tomorrow :p Maybe I can get it on next day shipping too so that I'll have it before class :)

19. bklam macrumors regular

The thing is, i tried to change shipping so i can get it next day. they said that once your computer is prepped for shipping, they can't change the shipping method.

20. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Im sticking to my conspiracy theory.

Merom is coming.

Tuesday, sep. 5th.

21. iUserz thread starter macrumors member

I don't think its an unreasonable request to ask if you can upgrade shipping when they're delaying the shipment by a week. :rolleyes:

22. reflex macrumors 6502a

For what it's worth, all stock Macbook shipping times in the Belgian Apple store are now 5 days. I checked the U.S. site and it says 3-5 business days.

The others are all 24 hours (except the iMac 1-2 days in the U.S. store and the Mini 1.66GHz 3 days in Belgium).

23. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

The Irish site is 5 days on the macbook too, and everything else is 24 hours.

24. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

I'll go with the conspiracy theory too. I reckon Apple would have to deplete their current inventory of Macbooks and Core Duo CPU's before starting the new manufacturing phase with Merom. This would almost certainly leave a gap in supply (well, that's what I'm hoping for, as I'm waiting for Merom before I order).

I know the feeling of having to wait after you guys have placed your order. It happened to me when I bought my Mac Mini and 23" ACD last year. You can't get anything done... just gotta keep checking that status :D

25. MrFusion macrumors 6502a

Order yesterday, shipping on the 29, arrival expected on the 7th of september. If the delay is due to Merom, is there any chance we'll get one of those? Or are we getting the last of the current crop. Because that would be a shame.