Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bklam

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
generik said:
I am pretty sure you will receive a surprise next tuesday when your Macbook has been upgraded to MEROM for free!

I will prove you wrong my friend when i receive mine on tuesday.

from the email is says within 12 if u picked ground shipping.

i think it's a generic email, which answers my quesiton why the email said it was shipped from cali.

ncfcstar

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2006
Near Ipswich, UK
macwhack said:
:D Mine was BTO and ordererd on the 19th and its now ****ing shipped. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D . I forgive Apple

:( I ordered mine on the 20th BTO and it still hasn't shipped :mad: I am so disappointed with this experience....

tsteele1

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2006
San Antonio,TX
macwhack said:
:D Mine was BTO and ordererd on the 19th and its now ****ing shipped. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D . I forgive Apple

So you ordered yours after I ordered mine and yet yours has been shipped and not mine. What specifically did you upgrade? Maybe mine is taking longer because I upgraded both the hd and the ram.

ncfcstar

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2006
Near Ipswich, UK
tsteele1 said:
So you ordered yours after I ordered mine and yet yours has been shipped and not mine. What specifically did you upgrade? Maybe mine is taking longer because I upgraded both the hd and the ram.

The pathetic thing about this (I also upgraded RAM and HD) is that all it takes to change them is to open up the ports and just stick the RAM and HD in. It is in no way difficult, I should have just done it myself :mad:

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
ncfcstar said:
The pathetic thing about this (I also upgraded RAM and HD) is that all it takes to change them is to open up the ports and just stick the RAM and HD in. It is in no way difficult, I should have just done it myself :mad:

crap like this is why i am highly considering doing ram and HD upgrades myself. :mad:

tsteele1

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2006
San Antonio,TX
i know, i could have just as easily bought it from the apple store here and upgraded the ram myself, but i thought it would be easier to buy it from apple.com. but then i would not have received the free ipod.

tsteele1

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2006
San Antonio,TX
ncfcstar said:
Great, thanks so much Apple, that has really cheered me up, another weeks wait :mad:

At least they have told you when yours will ship (hopefully). I still have no word, unless they still plan to ship my computer yesterday, as the order status says. If they managed to do that I would be very impressed with their time travel ability. I don't even think I would be angry anymore.

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
tsteele1 said:
At least they have told you when yours will ship (hopefully). I still have no word, unless they still plan to ship my computer yesterday, as the order status says. If they managed to do that I would be very impressed with their time travel ability. I don't even think I would be angry anymore.

call them up and ask to speak to a supervisor. that kind of stuff is pretty intolerable. never take anything that a level one rep tells you seriously. anytime you deal with support and are having a problem ive learned that asking for the next level up usually leaves you much more satisfied. ive never dealt with apple support yet so im not sure who to ask for, usually its something like tier 2.

macwhack

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
NCFCSTAR are you still stuck with your order not being shipped. You should call APPLE and blast them. I sent them 100 emails .YES 100. SO keep screwing with them they might do something for you. If not then :D be happy for others' macbooks being shipped:D without the mother****ing M'O'RON:D

iUserz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
ncfcstar said:
I know you ordered before me (I ordered on the 20th), but when exactly did you order it?
August 16th. So it should arrive "within 12 days", so by the 13th.

Geordie

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2006
UK
I've used Macs before but this will be first time of owning one. I'm looking forward to it but..
Order August 19th: Macbook 1.83GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD

Delay email received, new ship date "on or before the 31st August"
no new delay email or dispatch notices.
Store still says: dispatch 24th, ship by 4th.
Just emailed them and thought I'd joined in with the complaining :rolleyes:

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
iUserz said:

See the trend? So steve will announce the Merom books on the 12th, and you open your box on the 13th and tata~ surprise upgrade!

Not like they are going to tell you now because that would ruin their surprise... :rolleyes:

ncfcstar

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2006
Near Ipswich, UK
iUserz said:

Thanks for the heads up

macwhack said:
NCFCSTAR are you still stuck with your order not being shipped. You should call APPLE and blast them. I sent them 100 emails .YES 100. SO keep screwing with them they might do something for you. If not then be happy for others' macbooks being shipped without the mother****ing M'O'RON

So when it suits you to be ***** and blinding because of shipping problems with your MacBook that's ok, but it's not fine for me to be concerned. And for your knowledge I have called Apple and sent them an email.

Geordie said:
Used Macs before but this will be first time of owning one. I'm looking forward to it but..
Order August 19th: Macbook 1.83GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD

Delay email received, new ship date "on or before the 31st August"
no new delay email or dispatch notices.
Store still says: dispatch 24th, ship by 4th.
Just emailed them and thought I joined in with the complaining

You're in a similar boat to me with the store. My delay email that I received for the first time today said 'on or before the 8th Sept.'.

tsteele1

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2006
San Antonio,TX
I called them this morning and sent an email last night. Today they sent me an email saying that they are planning on shipping it tonight, though.

macwhack

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
ncfcstar said:
Thanks for the heads up

So when it suits you to be ***** and blinding because of shipping problems with your MacBook that's ok, but it's not fine for me to be concerned. And for your knowledge I have called Apple and sent them an email.

You're in a similar boat to me with the store. My delay email that I received for the first time today said 'on or before the 8th Sept.'.

I was trying to lighten your ass up. Guess that didn't do any good:rolleyes:
Everything will be fine :D. Why is that even by Fedexpress my shipment will take 12 days for arrival arriving on the 12th Sept.

iUserz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
macwhack said:
I was trying to lighten your ass up. Guess that didn't do any good:rolleyes:
Everything will be fine :D. Why is that even by Fedexpress my shipment will take 12 days for arrival arriving on the 12th Sept.
Mine's also fedex - 12 days.

For me its because I'm in Canada that it takes so long, they don't have any next day option. They do have a faster shipping option thats 3-6 days but I didn't opt for it earlier because I didn't plan on it being delayed twice. And apparently it can't be changed after half the order (ipod nano) has been shipped.

Shotgun Pete

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada
generik said:
See the trend? So steve will announce the Merom books on the 12th, and you open your box on the 13th and tata~ surprise upgrade!

Not like they are going to tell you now because that would ruin their surprise... :rolleyes:

That would just be cruel coming from old steevey! I still stand harsh and strong that we will not see Merom in our new MB's I can't see any logical reason for them doing so. That being said, it would be AMAZING if it were true.

Geordie

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2006
UK
email 'reply' received, Shipment Notification :) your order has been
Shipped on 02.09.2006, expected on or before 13.09.2006.

I would have liked more than one week to get totally experienced with it and set up for working since I return to Uni on 18th but least it's heading my way now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.