Norton 2003 + Panther = Vanishing HD Space

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by TENBLUE7™, Nov 24, 2003.

1. TENBLUE7™ macrumors member

...I posted a thread on here a few weeks back after 30GB's worth of HD space simply dissapeared after installing Panther over 10.2.8.

Cured with an erase and clean Panther install all was fine until yesterday I ran Norton 2003 from the CD to run disk doctor and after re-starting noticed that again 30GB's worth of disk space had vanished.

So I won't be booting up and running Norton 2003 ever again, can't even begin to imagine why running disk doctor would swallow up the amount of disk space.

2. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

I've said it before...but at the risk of sounding like a broken record...

never ever ever use anything Norton. It will completely mess up your computer. It's a crime how bad that software is.

3. TENBLUE7™ thread starter macrumors member

Norton...

...been using it in many forms for nearly 7 years but your right it's made a real mess this last year or so.

Firewall seems to be working but the 100's of alerts I received a day when I was running Jaguar seem to have stopped altogether, there's no logs at all. When on Limewire it would be 1000's and the settings are the same, I don't want to think about who or what is trying to get onto this mac.

And it's not like anti virus works anymore either...

4. gopher macrumors 65816