norton anti-virus or mcafee?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Oct 13, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i use norton for my mac now, as i did before with my previous mac

and i use mcafee for my pc

as you can guess, i have never had a virus attack on using macs since 1993 (when i started using them a lot in a mac class)

as for the pc side, mcafee, or norton (on my other previous system) has only caught one virus and two have made it all the way thru to the pc...one didn't do any damage because it might have been a hoax, but...

the other was klez or plez, and that thing changed all my settings for internet and email and really gummed things up...so i restore disked the computer like i do once a year anyway as a way to "clean" up my pc:p

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I use Norton AntiVirus Corporate 7.61 on all my PC's and it works a treat, for the Mac (running Jag) I use Virex (I signed up for .Mac ;)).

3. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

Definatly Norton, They've always been the leader in these kinds of things. I prefer norton. Most schools will have site licenece for norton because it's the best, norton may cost a little more but i Belive it is worth it.

4. puffmarvin macrumors member

even though i have .Mac i use norton antivirus... why? beats me.

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I've only gotten one virus. That one was harmless and I purged it with Disinfectant. That's the only time I've ever needed an anti-virus utility.

6. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i use norton on my pc, even tho it takes centuries to scan anything...mcafee was like lightning compared to norton....but i switched to norton cuz i had tonnes of install problems over the years with mcafee...

7. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Thanx to .Mac I use both.

Yeah, I'm nuts..... But I'm virus free....:D