Norton Antivirus 10 woes..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ben Kei, May 11, 2006.

1. Ben Kei macrumors regular

Basically I work for a magazine, we have mostly Macs but a few PC's also.

We have had a continual problem with a Macro virus on the Macs and have got to the point where anti-virus had to be purchased so we can e-mail files out again.

Now, we have 14 Macs running the latest 10.4 but we're running a managed network user system as we actually have a lot of part time/freelance staff. It (supposedly.. but that's another matter) makes it easier for us to have a whole lot of accouns accessible from any of the Macs.

Now, after installation, Norton antivirus (version 10, live update run) doesn't seem to have installed correctly. I have no quick menu so I can't change any of the preferences or anything.. nothing is showing up in system preferences either. It was installed in the Admin account, not my user account so it's on the machine itself.

I'm also having a problem scanning my home directory, it finds the macro virus but says it cannot remove it because the disk is locked, could this have something to do with the fact that I am a network user rathar than having my files locally?

thanks!

Ben

2. imacintel macrumors 68000

Do your buisness a favor, and DO NOT use N AV

Norton is probably the worst piece of crap I have evr used.

That is why I use a Mac:) My experience was with WinBlows:D