Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Draft

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
I've run the liveupdater for Norton Antivirus a bunch of times, but every time that I'm done running it, I'm left with version 8.0.1. It's supposed to be updating it to version 8.0.2. What's up? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Draft

Draft

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Mine updated to 8.0.2 no problem... Are you guys using the update all or customize feature under live update???

I've tried both ways. They both give me the same results, 8.0.2

I've even tried restarting a couple of time. I knew that it wouldn't help and it didn't.

Draft

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
If your Antivirus app is in any other place besides in your Applications:Norton Solutions, then it won't work. It'll create that folder in your applications folder and put the new Antivirus in there. So, if your Norton Solutions is in another place, just fine the new Antivirus in your Applications:Norton Solutions folder and drag it to it's rightful place.

Draft

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
Ok, I fixed it. Thanks a lot Chibianh. I hate how some installers do that. Apple's installers are like this too.

Thanks again,
Draft

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.