Norton Systemworks with Panther

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fartheststar, Jan 4, 2004.

1. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

Dec 29, 2003

I know that there's a new update for systemworks that lets it work with panther.

However, MOST of the time when I work with Systemworks, it's from the CD -

I use Norton Disk Doctor to repair my main Drive
    I use Speed Disk to speed up performance.

The OS on the Bootable CD is v.10.2.3. It's fine so far... and I'm running 10.2.8 as my main OS.

Assuming I upgrade to Panther, will I be able to still use these utilities from the CD (with the older OS?)? Could it corrupt any of the files? I don't know the nitty gritty differences between Jaguar and Panther.

OR would I have to find a way to get Symantec to send me Systemworks with OSX 10.3 on it?

2. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2003
    Adelaide, Australia
    Norton is the only computer virus that people want to catch, and are prepaird to pay for.

My advice run and don't stop, norton infects your computer, and slows it down. Uninstall it.
  3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    I knew someone was going to post about NOT using Norton (it just HAD to be done, right?), and still altogether effectively NOT address the question. Seriously, manitoubalck, back up your claims if you're not going to answer the question. :mad: :rolleyes:

Yes, fartheststar, you can boot off the CD and still work with Panther. In fact, this is what Symantec said about the compatibility concerns you have.
  4. fartheststar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dec 29, 2003
    Thanks a lot. I did see that but I didn't know how to interpret that doc.

And yes I was expecting a negative comment as well. Hey, it works for me, and has saved my butt in the past too.

No system slowdown either.