Not a typical Student ADC question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macman2790, Nov 4, 2006.

1. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

Here's my situation:
    I'm currently waiting to purchase a new Macbook pro with student ADC membership.

I'm a freshman and currently enrolled in a community college which my declared major is Computer Science. I haven't enrolled in any CS or developer courses. I will be transfering to a university that had accepted me in the past and now they need my college transcripts. I have attempted 4 times to get my transcript there: they sent an electronic one, they supposedly mailed 2 off, and i dropped one off at a drop box a week ago. They said it takes one day for them to receive the ones out of the drop box. They still are saying that they haven't received one.

Should I:
    A. sign up for student ADC and put my community college info.

B. Sign up and put University info. ( i have an id number but not registered for classes.)

C. Wait until i have confirmation from my university that they have my transcripts and register for classes.

Also, do i have to fax Apple any info or mail off anything like my current schedule, etc.

Thanks in advance.

2. daveIT macrumors member

My wife (the student) just ordered a new Mac Pro. You can just put the community college and fax your current schedule. It doesn't matter if you aren't currently taking IT classes (as a freshman you usually focus on general education anyway.) I faxed something showing my wife's enrollment & her current scheule from her .edu portal, along with her student ID # a copy of her drivers license . It was approved in a couple hours. Enjoy that new MBP!

3. macman2790 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macman2790

thank you, can't wait to begin enjoying my new macbook pro.

4. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

That sounds like the regular Apple Educational Discount? When I was in College I never had to do anything to get the discount. I just used it and Apple never said anything.*

5. rob5 macrumors regular

This is the ADC discount.

6. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Actually, the ADC is beyond the normal discount. It is the Apple Developer Connection discount that is even cheaper than the student discount. But they try harder to make sure you are a student as well. I believe that the normal student discount only required me to have a .edu email address.

7. macman2790 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macman2790

would faxing an official transcript along with an unofficial one that has my current schedule be enough to validate my account?

8. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

From what I've heard and from what daveIT said earlier, I don't believe it needs to be an "official" transcript. Probably should just be able to print your schedule online and fax it in. I myself was worried too, but I think I'm making it more complicated in my head than it really is. The worst that can happen is they reject you...

9. daveIT macrumors member

It's easy

If you are a CS major you are in for sure. My wife currently isn't a degree seeking student but is taking some medical coding classes.

From ADC site:

2. How do I verify my student status so my ADC Student Membership can be activated?

The Apple Developer Connection must verify student status before we can fully activate an ADC Student membership. Once you have purchased the membership, please fax a copy of your picture identification (drivers license, passport, student ID, etc.) along with a current or upcoming course schedule or other official proof of enrollment from your college/university to the following location nearest you.

Now fax yer crap in and order that sucker :)

10. macman2790 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macman2790

thanks everyone now i'm finished with the whole process. I'm waiting for it to be verified, hopefully monday.