Not a very good Newsweek for Bush

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

God, sometimes I love Newsweek.

It seems this week the fangs are coming out. Not one, but two columns emphasizing Bush's utter hypocrisy.

The first is by Eleanor Clift, who is happily un-spinning the spin:

Then Melinda Henneberger piles on with this:

And the cherry on top was this little passage in their article about the bin Laden tape:

Well, thanks to Bush's tax cuts (the first ever in a time of war) and his pouring billions into Iraq instead of Afghanistan or elsewhere, Bush is helping bin Laden's dream come true. Nice work defending the country, jackass. :mad:

2. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    we don't need no stinkin' reality...

c'mon now, facts just cloud the issue.

addendum:
    bin laden has figured out at this point all he needs to do is sit back and watch...

3. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You know you're in terrible shape when a man who hates America with all his soul concedes his America-harming power to the President.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm still amazed that people think the Bin Laden tapes are a good thing for Bush. He's basically gloating that no matter what we do, Bush has helped him more than even he expected. That even if we elect Kerry, Bush has turned the world against us and made things so bad in the Middle East it'll take more than either candidates tough talk to fix, and everything we do just makes it worse.

Those are good articles, but preaching to the converted I'm afraid. Hopefully it might sway a few undecideds, but at this point all they can do is point out the hypocrisy in this administration. Anyone paying attention knows Bush is also a flip-flopper and rushes in without taking time to consider the facts. I don't see how anyone who sees what's going on can ignore the obvious. Kerry may suck, but Bush is much worse.

Ugh, I feel so dirty. Is it Nov. yet?