Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klkashuda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2015
Hi all, hoping someone can help. I have gone through many tutorials trying to solve this problem.

Here is the problem: I needed to wipe my computer and get rid of Yosemite. I also had a lot of software and files on their I didn't care for and overall it was running really slow. I backed up everything meaningful, thankfully, but it seems that I have wiped everything to the point of no return...? In all seriousness though -- I have booted in recovery mode several times and selected to install Mac OS X Lion. It acts as if it is completely installed (0 seconds remaining) then prompts me with "An error has occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again." I have checked the date using the terminal as suggested, and it is correct. I have also looked into disk utility where it says the following:

500.11 GB TOSHIBA MK5065GSXF Media and within that is a drive called Untitled. I read somewhere that I may be trying to install on a RAID drive, but I am not sure if this is the case. I think that is all the information I have, any help would be appreciated!

Kelly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.