Not All Album Art Downloading

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crees!, Sep 13, 2006.

1. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Does anyone know what iTunes references to pull album art down? I have the physical CD !Ah Discordia! by The Transit War. Imported into iTunes which used CCDB to get the track names. Get Album Art didn't pull in anything. I noticed the title of the record on iTunes is !Ah Discordia! - EP. So I added the " - EP" to the album name. Still no dice. I had another album (don't remember the name) called "something and something". iTunes had it listed "something & something". Once I added the "&" iTunes downloaded the cover art for it.

So... anyone know what is used to determine the correct cover art? Seems hit and miss for me. Pulling from Amazon isn't that great as the covers vary in size and sometimes have these crap white borders around them.

2. sierra oscar macrumors 6502

yeah - I'm finding the same - downloading artwork doesn't seem to get any artwork - I assume it just wasn't up and running properly yet - I've just tried a few times today to no avail.

3. crees! thread starter macrumors 68000

crees!

It successfully pulled some art that I didn't have. It just seems a bit finicky at the moment.

4. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

same problem here.
    I've verified that the track info is identical to what iTMS has listed, and still no dice.

Maybe the service is really over loaded?
    Maybe it's a 3rd party service that doesn't have everything?

5. crees! thread starter macrumors 68000

crees!

Ah.. check this out. I'll have to try it when I get home tonight.

Off Digg.

"Here's a little trick I used:
    Click the arrow button beside the Album name in the list of songs. This will take you to the Music Store and show you that album. If it works, then they have the album, and the get album art thing will work for that album.

You may need to rename the album to make it match exactly what's in the iTunes store. You may also find that if you don't have proper track numbers on the songs, you get nothing. I had songs that were only track numbers "X" and would not get album art. When I changed them to be "X of Y", then suddenly I was able to get album art for them."

6. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

It is laggy at getting artwork; I found out if you click the play button where the track info is displayed at the very top of the window, it will then display "Processing Album Artwork: Getting ___ of ___". At first I was going to complain that they didn't give a way for you to see the progress, but then I figured that out.

As for ID tags requiring the "Track ____ out of ____" info, that's incorrect. None of my mp3s (other than those imported directly into iTunes) have that in their ID3 tags and iTunes 7 still grabbed the artwork. I'd venture to say that you're having problems either because it's still processing it, still downloading it, or there's server troubles (again, it's running/downloading slow for me today but I expect it since it was just released yesterday).

You may be onto something with albums having to be named like those on the online store, but I've also had albums with other names than what is listed (ie all of my soundtracks are named accordingly and proceeded with (OST) in their album names and tag info) and it7 still got the correct album art.

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I think it's still kind of a beta/buggy feature that will get improved with the next update (which will most likely be soon)

Until then use Clutter

8. 21stcenturykid macrumors 6502

well basicly its not perfect at the moment it find some of the ones i really didnt expect it too but ones i did expect it 2 find it hasnt :S oh well its better than nothin at the moment itll work sooner or later lol