Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

losackmd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
the orange loops ( audio ) that are made when
one imports any of the 1000's of WAV's i have found on the net
that have synths for example in their sound or raucous guitars
cannot and i repeat cannot be pitch changed or tempo changed to play neatly along with the already established green or purple
loops. In other words if
they are orange and if they are to be used in the song the other instruments of the song must play along and be in the same key
as this Orange loop made from importing Audio WAVs?
It is fixed, and can be repeated by copy and paste or option dragging them or shortening and lenghtening them but these
orange loops are not convertible if made into a loop.
I notice the choices of loop or one shot are greyed out
when i attempt making a loop with them.
This is indeed limiting and disappointing but i have to get my fact straights as to what limitations i have here.
the only loop that is "flexible malleable and will change its pitch and tempo" are the blue purple or green?
do i have that right?
the orange loops ( audio ) that are made when
one imports any of the 1000's of WAV's i have found on the net
that have synths for example in their sound or raucous guitars
cannot and i repeat cannot be pitch changed or tempo changed to play neatly along with the already established green or purple
loops. In other words if
they are orange and if they are to be used in the song the other instruments of the song must play along and be in the same key
as this Orange loop made from importing Audio WAVs?
It is fixed, and can be repeated by copy and paste or option dragging them or shortening and lenghtening them but these
orange loops are not convertible if made into a loop.
I notice the choices of loop or one shot are greyed out
when i attempt making a loop with them.
This is indeed limiting and disappointing but i have to get my fact straights as to what limitations i have here.
the only loop that is "flexible malleable and will change its pitch and tempo" are the blue purple or green?
do i have that right?

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
This has to be the hardest post I have ever tried to read. I had to keep going over the same line because i would get screwed up where I was.

losackmd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
its pretty clear to anyone with some knowledge of digital music
you might not be one!
and now i know from posting it elsewhere
what the answer is
how the issue operates
and how to confuse people like you

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
You make no friends by posting in this manner, especially if you know the answer.

wwodden was mearly pointing out that your post is confusing, not it's content.

If you want you loops to behave dynamically you'll need to process them through the Sountrack loop utility, which was available with Soundtrack as part of Final Cut Pro (and as a standalone app if I remember) or as a download from the Apple Developer site.

This utility adds the meta-data necessary for Garageband to identify the amount of time-stretch and/or pitch shifting required.

Please post in a civil manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.