Not Another Dell 2405FPW Thread

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ltud, Aug 14, 2005.

1. ltud macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I've done some pretty extensive research on this and haven't been able to find any information about it (except on another forum - still waiting for my registration to go through . . . )

I would like to know if anyone has a Dell 2001FP (20in 4:3 LCD) sitting next to the new Dell 2405FPW. I'm going to buy a 2405FPW and am thinking about flanking it with one, and eventually two 2001FPs as they are so inexpensive.

I know from the dimensions that they would look pretty good together when turned off, but what about when they're on. I'm concerned that the brightness in particular as the 2405FPW is apparently much brighter than the 2001FP. I just don't want the 2001FPs to look dull and washed out in comparison.

Has anyone used these two monitors together? How do they look?

Thanks for any input.

Luke

PS: I've attached a funny image from the Dell Canada Small Business store.

Attached Files:

• Dell.jpg
      Dell.jpg
      File size:
      110.9 KB
      Views:
  2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

I have both, but not SxS. the 24" is currently doing service as a DVD-player monitor in the den...
    The Canadian Dell store rarely puts the monitors on sale, and US coupon codes don't work in dell.ca
    A couple of weeks ago they had a Dimension 9100 machine AND the 2405 on for less than the Canadian price of the 2405 alone... :eek:

3. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Hey Luke. Soryy I don't have those monitors, but what is so funny about that pic? It kinda looks like a PowerBook, but it's definetly a Dell. So, what was funny? :) :confused:

4. Craigy macrumors 6502

Dell 20 & 24"

Hi

I have 2 x 24 and 1 x 20.

I used them side by side a while back and could see no obvious difference in brightness. There again. I run them at way below the maxium brightnes anyway.

Great monitors for the money!

5. ltud thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the input guys. As for the photo, I'm not 100% sure, but it looks a lot like a powerbook, especially if you look at the logo (try zooming in). I could be mistaken but I think I see the stem (of an apple).

Thanks again,

Luke

6. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, that photo doesn't even contain a Powerbook, so I don't see anything funny about that site. The thing in the photo is a Dell.

8. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Those BSODs really call attention to themselves.