not another MBP topic...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by coday182, Aug 7, 2006.

1. coday182 macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2006
    Jamestown, IN
    Yeah I know there have been a million posts about "should I wait for the new MBP to be released or buy now." Well this morning I woke up with every intention to drive to the Apple store in Indianapolis and buy mine after I watched the Keynote and saw no updates for it. But while i was on the internet I was looking at the leopard previews (sweeeeeet) and thought to myself that it would be a good idea to get a computer with a 64 bit processor for when Leopard is released. I'm not sure what kind the MBP has in it and I coudlnt find it on the website. Is it 32 or 64? If it's 32 I think I shold probably wait for the Merom chips. This computer is going to need to last me 4-5 years. I will need it for college (this is the beginning of my senior year in HS), running websites, and everything else basically. For work and play.
  2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Jun 21, 2006
    The Yonah is 32-bit (x86), which a simple search would have revealed...

Merom, on the other hand, is 64-bit (x86-64).
  3. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    Strictly speaking 32 bits is enough for most of us, but hey, there is very little differentiating between the MBP and the MB, why get the MBP if you can make do with the MB?