Not directly Apple related, but close enough, room re-decoration

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wonga1127, May 18, 2006.

1. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

Okay. In about 6 months, my sister is moving out of the house, and i get to move out of the closet ive been living for 10 years. I definatly want to make the room different, and I have two general ideas. Both are there to match a Mac.

Option 1: Nearly identical to the Apple store. White walls, white cieling, and those crazy ambient light fixtures on the walls (hard to explain, just so i don't see bulbs, but the light)(maybe tracklights, pure white light). Birch or light beechwood for all my furniture and trim. Floor would be the same. Desks would match the floor, as would the bed frame and TV cabinet. bedspread would be white or a light color. Everything else would be silver, white, or black. Silver for my MBP, white for an iMac if the MBP doesnt work out, and black for a MB if i get an iMac.

Option 2: Dark. Very dark
    Everything would be black and red, trim, everything. Black MB would go best in this setting, with an external Dell Monitor.

So which one would be better, more appealing to you, and more pleasant to be in. Black and darks don't bother me, but if they do, say so.

2. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

White would be much more pleasant by a mile. Living in a black and red room would make me either depressed or angry lol.

3. monke macrumors 65816

monke

I like Option 1 better, if you could make it look like an Apple Store it would be amazing. I like having light coloured rooms, to me it makes them feel bigger.

If you did end up going with Option 2 I would buy a Mac that was white, make it stand out. So when people walk in they see it instantly.

4. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

i like both, but i can see the dark one getting me a bit depressed after a while - or at least sooner than the white ones will. however, the apple store style with all the whites will get dirty easier. you won't see as much stain or dirt in your room (for whatever amount of dirt's worth that you even bring to the room at all). all those halogen spotlights or potlights can get pretty hot too. it won't feel as calm, serene and peaceful if you're sweating your ass off in that white room. lol. although it would be very nice.

5. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I like option 1. The 2nd option is when you see something and you´re like, Oh cool! for about 5 seconds. Then you realize it´s nice to look at, but not pernamently :p

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I'd go with option 1 too, that sounds awesome! Would cost $$$ though...