not enough room to install airport enabler!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fugel, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Fugel macrumors newbie

hey, ive just downloaded the new N enabler but when i try and install it it says tht my Mac HD it says that it does not reach requirements. i dont know if this is about space on disc, seeing as i have like 80gb spare, so i was wondering if someone could help. thankyou

2. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Are you sure you have the correct equipment that will accept the upgrade?

3. Fugel thread starter macrumors newbie

yup. i got a brand new 15" MBP C2D for xmas, and i bought a new netgear N router last week. the exact thing the installer says is :
    "you cannot install airport extreme 802.11n enabler on this volume. this volume does not meet the requirements for this update."
    i bet ive missed something rele obvious. forgive my naivety... im new to the mac thing :p

4. BenHoleton macrumors regular

You can always call Apple tech support, as you have 3 free months when you buy a mbp

5. Gerg macrumors regular

Maybe it's already enabled on your system. Follow the steps at the Apple Store to see if it's already "n" capable.

6. gwilli macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problems too... Did you get your netgear router thinking Apple would give you the enabler for free? I did the same, got the same router too. My first one died within 10 mins :(

7. gwilli macrumors newbie

You need to run a software update on your mac before you can install the enabler. There should be an update with -

"This update is recommended for all Intel-based Macintosh computers and provides compatibility with AirPort Extreme base stations and networks."

After you install that you should be able to install the enabler!

8. phuong macrumors 6502a

yes yes please report back (if you can) when you got it working.
    i was just 1 click away from the order for the AEBS when i saw this message of yours.

9. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

I got the same message and Software Update had "AirPort Extreme Update 2007-001 version 1.0 waiting for me.

A reboot for that, and the enabler installed just fine. Another reboot (sheesh, is Apple taking lessons from MS?) and it's all installed.