Not funny switcher parody

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iSaint, Dec 26, 2005.

1. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

My brother sent me this. He likes antagonizing me.

antaglink

2. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

HAHAH I love that movie. He's bitching about the Public Beta version of Mac OS X (and that was awful from what I hear)

3. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

Wierd, no matter what I do, I get no sound for it. Bleh. I tried different browsers and I tried downloading it and viewing offline, but still no sound. Makes me sad.

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

It's really not even that funny, but I guess PC people who know nothing about a Mac might fine it humorous. That kind of stuff doesn't bother me anyone, I know I like using Macs, I probably always will, and that is all I need to know.

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Why is it that this old clip gets posted evey other month? Would you people please search or at least browse a little...? :mad:

It's not even funny... :rolleyes:

6. Aarow macrumors 6502a

I dunno.. The software update bouncing-Jack Russell terrier comparison was pretty funny, even if it's not true (for me atleast).

7. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

8. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Use mplayer, and you should have no problems with that file: http://mplayerosx.sourceforge.net/

As for the video itself, the complaints are normal from a person who doesn't really know much about the Macintosh OS. Perhaps the guy in the video knows about the Mac OS, and was just using satire in an attempt at being funny.

9. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I read the guy who made the parody is actually a Mac user, it was just for fun. I thought it was pretty funny.

10. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Yes he is, as is the guy that made a video of him smashing a PowerMac G4 (after he upgraded to a G5 [but they dont tell you that]:p )

This is the video I was talking about http://media.putfile.com/trashing_a_mac_g4

11. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Hell, I'm as big an Apple zealot as they come and a card carrying member of the Church of Jobs and I got some chuckles out of it. The Jack Russell Terrier thing was pretty funny. I have a B/W G3 that I am about to drop kick like that guy did that iMac.

Relax, it's all good.

12. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

It was good movie. I laughed at the terrier thingy. But, if you look in reality, replace every "Mac" or "Macintosh" or anything like that with "PC" or "Windows" ;)

13. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I like the Norton Utilities joke. It is a pretty worthless program on a Mac. I wish you could undelete stuff and preserve the filename and everything.

14. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If you don't find any humor in that clip you need to lighten up. If that video actually made you mad, you really need to lighten up.

That clip was funny in 2001. It is funny today. And it will still be funny in 2wks when someone "discovers" the video and makes a new thread about it.

Lethal

15. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I've never experienced any of the problems he was talking about, but then again I never really got deep into Mac OS X Public Beta, but 10.0 was a pain at times (ICQ crashed every 3-4 minutes). Fortunately, I always had 9 to fall back onto if need be.

16. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Right on, this gets posted so frequently that it is just an annoyance.

17. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

The sound never works on these things, I don't know why. I tried turning the volume up. Sometimes I just don't get the audio.

18. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I was hoping against hope it wasn't that video again. ;) But alas. :eek:

It didn't work with Quicktime, and then I actually checked this post again because MR is slow, and saw the Google link, and when I saw the preview clips on the right side, ahhh, didn't need to watch it again.

Ahhh, but can I use this moment to say that I think the Video Google interface with the snapshots on the right is really sweet? :D

19. 40167 macrumors regular

I find it funny myself, and it's obviously a joke... since he says at the end everything was edited on a Mac.

And he does have some good points, the big handle on the old macs? They would make a good boat anchor because they are damn heavy if you carry it only from the handle.

I guess this would offend you too; so I'll post it :p
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3602055360534110299&q=Switch+Parody

20. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

in the end, he said, he made the whole thing on a mac. why is the video then in .avi?

after knowing that he was using mac os x.0 then it would be easier to lighten up.

what annoyed me more, was the length of the movie.

21. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

.avi's work fine on my computer, and they have since I can remember.

Either install the divx codecs from divx.com, or you can run vlc and/ or mplayer. If you're in OS 9, I forget, it's been a while.

22. howesey macrumors 6502a

I've been a mac user for almost a month now, quite a lot of those things said is true, even in Tiger.

23. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I'm just curious, but some examples?

24. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

The update manager. When it's done installing and its not in front of other apps it will bounce until you restart.