Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Logged in this morning and saw that I had a PM waiting for me, but didn't get an email notify. Anybody else having this problem? Was it turned off?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I haven't noticed any missed notification e-mails myself... perhaps PM a Mod and see what they have to say. And then if you get a reply back from them without receiving a notification, you'll definitely know something is up! ;) :D

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It often takes a few hours for the email to get through to me, which is strange. Did it eventually come through?

BTW, it's been like this for quite a while for me. It's no huge issue though.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
mad jew said:
It often takes a few hours for the email to get through to me, which is strange. Did it eventually come through?

BTW, it's been like this for quite a while for me. It's no huge issue though.

Nope, never. I'm currently missing 5 notifiers. I did get one from a new PM this morning though.

So there's 5 that I know of floating through space somewheres :D

skoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
mad jew said:
Crazy. They haven't been moved via rule or something? They're not with the junk emails are they?

Nope, I run my own mail server and there's no filtering installed. Checking the mail queue (where sometimes errant messages sit and spin until the server figures out where they go) reveals nothing waiting for delivery.

I missed one this morning too. It seems to be isolated to MacRumors, as my vBul notifiers from howardforums.com work fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.