1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Not going back to Finder

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tortex, Jun 26, 2013.

1. tortex, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013

macrumors member

Hello.

So my new Air is being odd, if I'm in safari and I quit with the keyboard, the finder will not be selected even if it's now the only running app. Never had this before on any Mac. I have to switch back to the finder to get the menu etc. Is this a known bug?

Plus, my battery life is nowhere near 12 hours estimated, more like 6.

EDIT: Also, if I take any window and go to drag it and the cursor enter the finders menu, the system becomes very slow. Nothing major but odd.

2. macrumors regular

Are you sure you're quitting Safari or just closing the window? Closing the window does not quit the application.

3. macrumors member

I'm quitting. It's not just Safari, it's every application. I've never seen it before, I've been using Apple systems since OS8.

4. macrumors 601

I wish OSX automatically quits an App when the last window is closed, just like Windows! <gasp> Feels more "natural" to me.

5. macrumors member

Let me clarify: open ANY app. Use CMD+Q to quit back to Finder. You now have a Finder menu bar on the top of your screen yes?

I dont. Ever. Unless I then select the finder manually.

6. macrumors 65816

What's on the menu bar since Finder is not?

7. macrumors member

I have no Finder bar, that's the problem, I just have wallpaper. The Finder is not selected so CMD+Space to Spotlight etc does nothing.

8. macrumors 65816

Drew017

Try making a new user account and see if the problem exists there. If it does it's probably a problem with your user, and not a system issue.

9. macrumors member

Yep, creating a new account then deleting it fixed the problem. :)

10. macrumors 6502

My new MBA 13" had the same issue too. Software update fixed it.