Not happy with CS3 packages for us

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by puckhead193, Mar 28, 2007.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Anyone not happy with the packages for us? I was thinking of getting the production premium but why would anyone use encore or premiere over Final Cut studio if your on a Mac, it seems like a waste. I much prefer to have Dreamweaver instead or nothing at all and save money.
    So what are you doing, are you upgrading to this wonderful package or going with the Master Collection or getting something else?

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do. I only want PS, After Effects, and Illustrator for video. I'm not going to use Premiere or anything, FC is way better.

I also do Photography and Web Design, so it presents me with a problem. I'll probably end up borrowing a copy of master collection from my uncle or something. I know it's probably against the EULA, but I'm a college student and I can't afford $1000 for some software.

3. failsafe1 macrumors 6502a

failsafe1

I hear your frustration. I had to print out two charts and go through each line trying to decipher which package would be best. I pretty much had to bag the idea of getting AE upgraded and will go with the design premium. I just need five programs in addition to AE. It would be nice to pick and choose what you want and put your own package together.

4. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

wut i would love is Photoshop, illustrator, After effects, flash and dreamweaver...
    by doing it this way adobe wants us to try and switch over from Final Cut but my question is who would want to? The only reason why Adobe stopped premiere for the mac was due to Final Cut...
    maybe i won't upgrade and get CS 2 plus AE

5. failsafe1 macrumors 6502a

failsafe1

Perhaps Adobe wants to make FC users to be forced/compelled to use Premiere and the other video programs. This is their way of getting back at the company and user base that helped put Premiere out of the picture.

6. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

if i were to get that package i wouldn't even install on premiere or encore...its a total waste! (for me at least)

7. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

It seems like most people who are very anti-premiere havent used it since the last mac version. In reality, the differences between FCP and Premiere Pro are negligible, and with its integration with AE and Photoshop it really is worth taking a look at. FCP's photoshop integration is horrible and motion is not even in the same league as After Effects.

We have 5 FCP workstations with Kona and Blackmagic cards and they are incredibly unstable. I plan on changing over to Premiere for my freelance work as soon as CS3 is released.

8. JohnMC macrumors 6502

I'll most likely get Master because I was planing in getting Design Premium plus AE but in EDU pricing that comes to $949 so I'll pay the extra $50 for Flash Professional. But I do not plan to move to Premiere Pro (to much eye candy), I have seen it in action and still believe in Avid and FCP.

JohnMC

9. magicburro macrumors newbie

I gave up on premiere long ago, but I have to say that the demo on the adobe cs3 web launch was pretty darn cool. The integration would save so much time, and yes, motion can't touch ae.

That being said, it will be interesting to see what new bells and whistles fcp has when 6 comes out. Luckily for all of us, the adobe apps won't ship until july 1 anyway, so we'll have plenty of time to compare the two suites side by side.