Not impressed with my powerbook 1.25

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mikeey138, Oct 24, 2003.

1. mikeey138 macrumors newbie

Oct 19, 2003
    I recently bought pb 1.25 downgraded to combo drive and 60gb hd. when i first got it was amazing untill i put a cd in the drive it got stuck right away. after i managed to get it the drive no longer works. also this piece runs so hot it burns my lap and the battery only lasts for 2 hours on full charge. but now get this, i talked to apple to get my stuff replaced and they are not letting me replace the faulty drive? I think i need to talk to someone with a bit of power not a random guy on the phone. no get this... my ipod will not connect to the computer at all! sometimes it does but most of the time it doesnt... also dmg files won't mount and i get an error 95 saying file mounting unavailable or something like that. my powerbook is a lemon and so far apple is of no service.

ps. if anyone has any suggestion as to what i should please please tell me. this is ridiculous.
  2. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

Jul 11, 2003
    NYC, or thereabouts
    I'm not sure where you're located, but if you can get to an Apple store it might help.

From your descriptions, it sounds like your problems, while intermitent, are reproduceable. I've always found that the folks at the "Genius Bar" at the Apple store by me (SoHo) are genuinely intrigued by a reproduceable problem -- and if they can't fix it, they can send it to Apple with a decription of the problem that will really get Apple's attention (not to mention that I'm sure Apple will be more apt to believe that they'll have 'tried everything').
  3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    yes, definitely, if you can take it to an apple store in person, do so. It'll be much easier to get help face-to-face.
  4. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Apr 21, 2003
    Connecticut, United States of America
    Dude, bitch at them till they replace it.
    I've seen cases when it actually worked. They charge alot of money for the damn thing and it better be working perfectly.

I dunno why but i have the problem with PC monitor hooked up to G5 via that connector apple gives. sometimes when i turn on the comp, comp boots up but monitor remains in a stand by mode. When i reboot, it turns on normally...
    I'm gonna call apple right now and bitch :)
  5. WilliamGates macrumors member

Mar 18, 2003
    Apple geniouses noticed the brand new Fujifilm CD I was using had a bigger top surface diameter than the bottom, so the edge was not perpendicular to the top and bottom surfaces. No other CD would jam but that batch of new CD's. So it pays to take it to the Apple store. No more Fujifilm CD's for me...
  6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.