Not Only Can They "De-Classify" But "Re-Classify", Too.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Feb 21, 2006.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/21/news/history.php

Looks like somebody is trying to rewrite history....

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    It's like they have their own EDIT button! GAH!

So, I wonder if any of these records were copied and still floating around out there in the hands of someone who will keep them public? What a bunch of Indian-giving bastards! :mad:

3. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

They are indeed: various academics and others have copies of many of them. Are they now suddenly in possession of classified information? :eek:

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Another little-known fact. An Executive Order, which I believe was adopted during the Clinton Administration, made the declassification of some presidential records automatic a set number of years after that president leaves office. When George W. came to town, one of his first acts was to effectively rescind this order, coincidentally, just before the records of his father's White House would have been made public. So we've known about this secrecy thing since the very start.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

and just before taking office, bush trucked a bunch of his governor records to his dad's presidential library, and not a state library (where they belong).

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I would like to know what daddy knows on the subject of UFO's and the Cia. Talk about secrecy they are still spinning what really happend 60 years ago. How can the U.S. be serious about truth and honesty when the whole govt is made of liars, secrecy hounds who want to spy and keep secrets for decades. The term U.S. Govt could be used to define the word hypocrisy. Hypocrisy = US govt policy say one thing yet do the opposite. Its why the world hates us these days.