Not so clear strategy...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Apple Corps, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2003
    Location:
    California
    #1
    My laptop decision has to be made shortly (yes laptop - enough of the notebook "correctness").

    If Photokina delivers us a revised MBP I'll order one and take my chances - easy one!

    If no revised MBP: confusion :confused:

    My first thought was to just go with a basic MB to hold me over. BUT - there appears to be an ongoing random shutdown problem that Apple has yet to resolve. That is a showstopper for me - can not have that happening in front of an audience at one of my presentations.

    Second thought was to just go with the stock MBP 2.0 and ebay it when a revised MBP finally shows up. BUT - there are new threads on the Apple MBP site about flaws in the newly revised mlb design/assembly that is causing - you guessed it - random shutdowns :mad: :mad:

    I may just have to buy another CD mini as a backup and pretend that I am not really experiencing this type of quality from Apple - what is going on in their engineering department?
     
  2. Pressure macrumors 68040

    Pressure

    Joined:
    May 30, 2006
    Location:
    Denmark
    #2
    That's news to me.

    I haven't heard of MacBook Pro's randomly shutting down.

    If you really need a notebook now, why don't you just go ahead and buy one? :confused:
     
  3. Apple Corps thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2003
    Location:
    California
    #3
    Pressure - some issues with Apple discussions but here are thread stats:
    "Random Sudden Shutdown on MBPs Paul Melzer Using your MacB... 821 23"

    I am waiting to decide per the 3,572 posts on the topic reflect and the content of my post outline - can't have failures in front of audiences.

    Maybe Photokina.......
     

Share This Page