Not so clear strategy...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Apple Corps, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

My laptop decision has to be made shortly (yes laptop - enough of the notebook "correctness").

If Photokina delivers us a revised MBP I'll order one and take my chances - easy one!

If no revised MBP: confusion :confused:

My first thought was to just go with a basic MB to hold me over. BUT - there appears to be an ongoing random shutdown problem that Apple has yet to resolve. That is a showstopper for me - can not have that happening in front of an audience at one of my presentations.

Second thought was to just go with the stock MBP 2.0 and ebay it when a revised MBP finally shows up. BUT - there are new threads on the Apple MBP site about flaws in the newly revised mlb design/assembly that is causing - you guessed it - random shutdowns :mad: :mad:

I may just have to buy another CD mini as a backup and pretend that I am not really experiencing this type of quality from Apple - what is going on in their engineering department?

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

That's news to me.

I haven't heard of MacBook Pro's randomly shutting down.

If you really need a notebook now, why don't you just go ahead and buy one? :confused:

3. Apple Corps thread starter macrumors 68020

Pressure - some issues with Apple discussions but here are thread stats:
    "Random Sudden Shutdown on MBPs Paul Melzer Using your MacB... 821 23"

I am waiting to decide per the 3,572 posts on the topic reflect and the content of my post outline - can't have failures in front of audiences.

Maybe Photokina.......