Not sure what to ask for my ibook 12" G3 800 Mhz 30G Hardrive

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MissT, Feb 20, 2005.

1. MissT macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm new here and am thinking of selling my G3 ibook with a 30G hardrive, 800 Mhz, combo drive and airport card. It is in good shape with normal wear and tear, but everything works great! What do you think I should ask for it? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

2. sethwerkheiser macrumors regular

search for used iBooks on eBay and you'll probably find some "fair market" prices. Don't forget to look at "Completed Auctions", as this will tell you what they actually sold for. I would think you'd get about $600 or $700 for yours, which would go nicely towards a new G4 iBook :)

3. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I would say that since somebody could get a G4 iBook from amazon for $850, and the earlier G4 iBooks go for around $700 you should look for around $600.

4. MissT thread starter macrumors newbie

Sold it!

Thanks for your input. I put my ibook G3 on ebay and it sold for $655 so I am quite happy about that. Thanks folks for the input about pricing!

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Nice! I sold my 900 MHz for $700. Gotta love the resale value of Apple computers!