Not sure where to post this, it's something like folding, kind of

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by iMatt mini, Mar 6, 2005.

1. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

It's a team thing, that's really the only way they are related. It's called WhatPulse.
    www.whatpulse.org for more info. It IS available for Mac, It seems to be at least since there is support in the forums. I'm sure you all type a lot throughout the day.
    It logs HOW MANY keys you stroke, not a keylogger though. I'd be interested in starting a team for MacRumors. Post if you're interested. If enough people are, we can start a team. I have a good amount currently. :cool:

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

thats interesting, but how sure can you be that its not a keylogger??

3. iMatt mini thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it's part of the Big Blue Network and they have good sites. Trust me, they're legit. None of my stuff has been stolen yet. I don't think they could very easily. I've had it for a while and I've never heard any complaints.

4. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Count me in if you make a team. Been running it for a while on both my PC and Mac, but I'm still somewhat lacking in keys. Seems like I make more use of the mouse that I'd thought :)

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Does this use processor power? No one on MacRumors wants to lose on our contribution to our folding team. Do you actually have MacRumors members already? What is the status of your team currently?

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The existing team named Macintosh is not off to a very good start. The team named Mac is doing better but still only ranked 869th out of 4,637 teams.

7. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Totally intrusive. No way am I signing up for *anything* that monitors keystrokes, period, regardless of what the objective is. This is just asking for trouble. Are you gullible enough take part? That's what they are looking for, to be sure. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot poll.

8. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Idiots. Sorry.