Not Tech-Savy Mac Users vs Non PC Users

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CompUser, May 24, 2006.

1. CompUser Guest

Here is a video proving how astute mac users are compared to pc users.

Note about video player- you have to press the play button, the video does not automatically play

Apple Lady (watch first)
    http://www.expotv.com/videos/Laptops/Apple_Laptop/45,529/

PC Lady (watch second)
    http://www.expotv.com/videos/Laptops/Compaq_Presario_V2000/45,1785/

^^I love how mrs. PC calls the trackpad a "touchscreen" and I think she says the computer is a "Compact" (when referring to the name badge on the top of it)

2. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

That was a really poor comparison. The Apple chick described more of the computers functions, but sounded like a bimbo. The PC chick just seemed like an average PC user. I don't understand what this was supposed to prove. :confused: That average people can buy Macs? Or that Mac is better than PC due to ONE customer calling a track-pad a touch screen?

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'd have to mostly agree with jade, except that I didn't think the first one sounded like a bimbo, and I do think she did a better job of "selling" the product. However, I don't hold a couple of mis-speaks against the second one.

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

The first reviewer seemed supernice and superhappy - somebody go get her onto MacRumors :D

5. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Upon reviewing the video again, perhaps the word "bimbo" was a bit harsh. I'm feeling catty today and that poor poor woman took the brunt! (What do you expect, she is WAY prettier than me...damn bimbo!) :cool: Really, though...she did a much better job of selling the product, a lot more explanation as to why she purchased it, how she uses it, why she thinks it's a good deal.

Now off to work where I will undoubtedly do something quite bimbo-esque, and to redeem myself for my previous cattiness I shall accept any ass-bustings that come my way without complaint.

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Aside from cringing at the way the Apple Lady opened and closed her iBook, and aside from thinking the PC Lady would have fared better in 16x9 format, I couldn't say which came across better.

7. ItsAMacWorld macrumors newbie

8. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

9. ItsAMacWorld macrumors newbie

yes. I generally would not Sharpie my iBook and almost fainted when he did. You just don't mess with art like that. ;)

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Don't worry, I had a chuckle.

11. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I bought a clamshell a while back that was originally from a school and had sharpie address on it and a huge number that I got off within 5 minutes with a Mr. Clean. They really are THAT good. They're also good at removing the sticky stuff from stickers.

12. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

They didn't really sell either of those computers to me I have to say. So I can use them to talk to friends, listen to music and go on the internet? I can do that on any computer.

13. ItsAMacWorld macrumors newbie

The stuff you can learn from macrumors is endless!