not using a case for 1st gen Nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by adamchase, Oct 9, 2006.

1. adamchase macrumors member

So for those of you who havent used a case how does it look? And what do u do to make sure it doesnt get scratched to hell?I have a friend who uses car wax on it to protect it but i dont know how good that is in the long run. I dont think it can do to much to prevent scratchs.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I use a thin, adhesive plastic film. It's removable, probably as thick as a sheet of paper but stiffer and protects it very well. It does scratch up though so I have to buy a new one every few months - going to get difficult soon when they stop being sold.

Got an Agent 18 shield for when that happens.

3. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

it looks like crap. i have kept mine in an iSkin since day one and it's near perfect (it scratched up a little when i had it out of the case for all of about 10 minutes). but my friend just throws his around like an old cell phone and it looks like it's been in a bag full of nails.

4. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Not using a case with any iPod with a chrome back is just plain stupid. Get an iSkin. You won't be disappointed.

Daniel.

5. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

6. Stevez0r macrumors member

It has a lot of "scars" hence the name Scarface.

7. jTreu macrumors 6502

my sister doesnt use a case with hers, it looks like ****.

8. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I wouldn't even consider it! I've had a Power Support Crystal Film on mine from day 1 (well, day 2) and it looks near immaculate.

9. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Apple store didn't have any cases when i got my first gen nano, it had a fair amount of scratches when i got a case a couple weeks later.