Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Lol more car analogies. Get it through your thick heads: CARS ARE NOT PHONES AND YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ASSUME SIMILAR RISK IN USING YOUR CELLPHONE TO THE RISK ASSOCIATED WITH OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE

Can you come up with a similar situation where a company has nearly killed hundreds of its own customers and come out unscathed? A non-car company? Points if you don't bring up some gun or plane or boat manufacturer which would be the same fallacious argument.

Exactly.
Cars have an inherent risk smartphones do not.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
their strategy was a wee bit flawed. Sure their hearts were in the right place, execution fail. Interesting how the tired "Samsung is altruistic and customer focused" theme has just resurfaced and downplaying injuries and damage through the use of percentages as if the recall is over nothing.
I ask again,can you explain how all of this is linked to profit motive?Execution fail doesnt explain profit motive.Mistakes happen.I already explained above why 1% battery flaws are not profit motive.You have yet to explain how those are profit motives

Wha? If it's true that this happened because they were in a rush to beat iPhone 7, then that means they overlooked QC in a rush to grab at money. That's nothing but profit motive.
No.The theory that the iPhone 7 was around the corner and they rushed things is flawed.They always release the Note with a head start before the iPhone.The Note 5 was launched last year just 2 days after the Note 7 this year.This theory is stupid.The iPhone 7 is a down year for Apple before the grand redefining of the iPhone next year.Someone on the scale of Samsung wouldnt be worried about the iPhone 7.Rather they would be worried about the more dangerous iPhone 8

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I ask again,can you explain how all of this is linked to profit motive?Execution fail doesnt explain profit motive.Mistakes happen.I already explained above why 1% battery flaws are not profit motive.You have yet to explain how those are profit motives

No.The theory that the iPhone 7 was around the corner and they rushed things is flawed.They always release the Note with a head start before the iPhone.The Note 5 was launched last year just 2 days after the Note 7 this year.This theory is stupid.The iPhone 7 is a down year for Apple before the grand redefining of the iPhone next year.Someone on the scale of Samsung wouldnt be worried about the iPhone 7.Rather they would be worried about the more dangerous iPhone 8
You have yet to explain how it isn't profit motives as I ask again. This was a bad and costly mistake moving to in-house, for what profits?

"Dangerous" iPhone 8,hyperbole much?dangerous to who, iPhone likers? If any phone is dangerous it's the note 7.

Last edited:

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016

The theory isn't that they were "worried", rather the opposite: they saw blood in the water and wanted to jump on it. Makes complete sense, and other than an exploding battery I think the strategy was sound. The Note 7 is kind of awesome and might have made the jump from niche device to powerhouse among consumers.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
You have yet to explain how it isn't profit motives as I ask again. This was a bad and costly mistake moving to in-house, for what profits?

"Dangerous" iPhone 8,hyperbole much?dangerous to who, iPhone likers? If any phone is dangerous it's the note 7.

I already explained above.Companies with billions of note 7's made will earn a profit relative to cents for a mere 1% inhouse operation.What about the other 99%?

By dangerous I mean iPhone 8 is going to pretty much demolish every smartphone maker out there including the record set by the iPhone 6.OLED,virtual home button,glass design,wireless charging etc.Many people I know are intentionally holding on to their old iPhones because its pretty much common knowledge that the iPhone 8 is going to be a smashing release.Samsung will need to pull out all the stops next year to stop the Apple steamroll.I am positive foldable displays or 4K Always ON OLED,more innovation in VR and Oculus is on the cards for Samsung because thats what it will take next year

The theory isn't that they were "worried", rather the opposite: they saw blood in the water and wanted to jump on it. Makes complete sense, and other than an exploding battery I think the strategy was sound. The Note 7 is kind of awesome and might have made the jump from niche device to powerhouse among consumers.

They released the phone at nearly the exact same time as last year.I would agree with the dangling carrot theory had they released it at least 15 days prior to the Note 5 launch.And another thing is that if it was a design flaw ,why are the phones made in China with similar capacity not affected?Chinese batteries make up 99% of the actual Note 7s
[doublepost=1474302418][/doublepost]
We will see, we will see.
Hahaha you actually think Samsung will fail?Thats a joke.HTC is struggling,Nokia is dead,Xiaomi and Huawei?Who buys em?Sony is busy digging a hole in the ground and burying themselves in it.Maybe Pixel devices which Google makes will challenge em.Maybe

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
I already explained above.Companies with billions of note 7's made will earn a profit relative to cents for a mere 1% inhouse operation.What about the other 99%?

By dangerous I mean iPhone 8 is going to pretty much demolish every smartphone maker out there including the record set by the iPhone 6.OLED,virtual home button,glass design,wireless charging etc.Many people I know are intentionally holding on to their old iPhones because its pretty much common knowledge that the iPhone 8 is going to be a smashing release.Samsung will need to pull out all the stops next year to stop the Apple steamroll.I am positive foldable displays or 4K Always ON OLED,more innovation in VR and Oculus is on the cards for Samsung because thats what it will take next year

They released the phone at nearly the exact same time as last year.I would agree with the dangling carrot theory had they released it at least 15 days prior to the Note 5 launch.And another thing is that if it was a design flaw ,why are the phones made in China with similar capacity not affected?Chinese batteries make up 99% of the actual Note 7s
[doublepost=1474302418][/doublepost]
Hahaha you actually think Samsung will fail?Thats a joke.HTC is struggling,Nokia is dead,Xiaomi and Huawei?Who buys em?Sony is busy digging a hole in the ground and burying themselves in it.Maybe Pixel devices which Google makes will challenge em.Maybe

You mean the record set by the iPhone 7. Apple is projected to sell 100 million iPhone 7 this year alone.

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016

You're assuming it wasn't on track to release later than it was shipped though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.