Note/Journal Type App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PlaceofDis, Apr 6, 2004.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ok i know wordprocess have been discussed before, but this is a little bit more specific, i write poetry, so what i am looking for is an app that can help me keep 800+ poems organized efficiantly....it doesnt necissarily have to be a processer type of program....i havent been able to find anything that works good enough...anyone have some suggestions?

thanks in advance

-Tim

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

explain organized. there are many ways to organize files, how do you want to organize them?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

VersionTracker will help you a lot. So too will MacUpdate.

4. PlaceofDis thread starter macrumors Core

ill check those too sites.....

what im looking for is some way to organize by year/month/day because i have at least one or more entries for each day of the year for the past three years ect.... any ideas on other ways of oraganization would be helpful too....

thanks again

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

maybe you could do a Movable Type kind of thing...have basically a blog and keep it updated, change dates to your liking, etc.

6. live4ever macrumors 6502a

7. PlaceofDis thread starter macrumors Core

i was wondering about NoteTaker, is it worth the money? i need a rather robust app that can be simple at the same time....im going to demo it but your feedback (or anyone elses) on this product would be greatly appreciated

-Tim

8. live4ever macrumors 6502a

If you are a student you can get NoteTaker for 1/2 off. I find it to be very stable and fast on a 1.2ghz G4 with 512mb RAM. There are many great features to the app and I find it to be a very powerful organizer. Just try out the demo it's what sold me.

9. chiiyo macrumors newbie

chiiyo

Try macjournal. http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/11374

I use it for literary writings too. You can keep more than one journal (I keep poetry, story and lyric journals for example) and I believe you can sort the entries by date written and stuff. Can even lock particular journals with passwords and stuff. It's very pretty and it's free too.

10. 603 macrumors member

MT

i second the Moveable Type suggestion. you don't have to keep your work online, since your Mac comes with a built-in webserver. you should have no problem installing MT locally.

11. damson34 macrumors 6502

stickybrain might not be a bad idea for what you are looking for. Its pretty good at storing stuff and easily searching for them later.