Notes backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CharlieBrandt09, Feb 15, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

So I use notes for a lot of things. Recently I switched from 4s to a 5 and everything transferred over from my backup...except for my notes. I had some very important info in there and was wondering if it might be stored somewhere else that I a not looking. Any help? Thanks.

2. macrumors 68020

Go to icloud.com from a Mac or PC and sign in with your iCloud / Apple ID and go to Notes. All your notes should be there.

3. macrumors G4

Small White Car

Also, for the future, they SHOULD be stored in your backup. I'm not sure what went wrong. It may be worth restoring again just to see if it works the second time.

(Anyone else: I'm not wrong, am I? Anyone else know if Notes are excluded from the backup for some reason? I can't imagine why they would be.)

4. macrumors regular

Nand

5. macrumors 65816

adam044

My notes always have come back. Check out Evernote too sounds like it could be of use to you.

6. macrumors 6502

To user Small White Car: Notes are definitely included in the backup, at least in iOS 6.1. Yesterday, my iPhone 5 was replaced because of a defective camera. When I did "Restore from backup" onto my new iPhone, all of my notes magically appeared.

You could try restoring from backup again.

The backup itself is located here:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

However, everything has incomprehensible hexadecimal names, so I don't know how to find just the notes. Maybe you could try searching that folder for some text that you remember was in a note?