Notes gone after update

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Craigs25, Sep 22, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

On my wife's iPhone 4, all of her notes are completely gone after updating to iOS7. I also updated my iPhone 5 and retained all of the notes. Anyone have an idea of how to get them back? Has anyone else had this issue on the iphone4?

2. macrumors G3

charlituna

Are you by chance syncing them to a yahoo email account.

Yahoo has a known issue going back months about notes. Typically they are in your online account but won't sync to devices

3. macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to me. I used notes the other day at a meeting. When I opened the app yesterday all the notes disappeared after I opened up the page. I have no idea where they are or why they disappeared. Now when I open up notes it immediately shuts down

4. macrumors 6502

Failing to back up your data is the choice made by the person you see in the mirror.

5. macrumors regular

Breezygirl

Notes have been disappearing in mine for a few months now. I stopped using it and use Evernote now. Much better.

6. macrumors newbie

I do back up my data. Where would I find the back up copy. I back up to iCloud. I also back up to an external hard drive.

7. macrumors 6502a

In the notes app at the top left is account, click it and it and pick all accounts. When I first installed iOS 7 it was only showing notes on my phone once I selected all it showed all my past notes that were in icloud. At least that's what happened to mine.