Nothing better to do

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thewhitehart, Dec 5, 2006.

1. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

The ignorance of some windows users is astounding, so I went overboard with my comment on this blog and ended up writing an essay :D . It's an interesting comparison of OS usability through the years, and Mac OS X came out on top; no surprise. I too though am curious as to why Amiga OS was not included.

OS X better that Vista, better than...

2. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

3. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Posted a discernible rebuttal for your comment. :D

4. thewhitehart thread starter macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Lol:D

I second the subversive tactics, the black propaganda approach is definitely the way forward!

Vista is teh roxxors!

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

good work. i also get frustrated explaining why OSX is better and often just stop explaining after an argument erupts or is about to erupt. people who are so ensconsed in the Windows world are very reluctant to change and that's fine, but it is completely unnecessary - just as it is for us to bash Windows - for them to bash OSX. there are advantages to each OS; i find that OSX's advantages far outnumber and outweigh the advantages of Windows.

6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

good verbage.

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Yes but people often start off with prejudices. Bashing Windows and over-exaggerating viruses and alike is what is needed to allow some people to at least try OSX. OSX bashing is bashing people who have made a choice to go with the OS, not those who have not experimented with both (or should I say all three, let us not forget Linux)

8. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Please. Lets DO forget Linux. :D

9. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Posted a supporting reply! :D

10. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Why? I love OSX, and would have no doubts in saying that I will eat my own foot if the next computer I buy isn't an Apple one, but I can see the Linux user base rising, and I think that it is a positive thing. It certainly boosted the free-software movement, luckily I'm not old enough (only 15) to remember the days of paying for a web browser. Linux has a lot of potential, and I would much rather know a die-hard Linux guy than an XP SP2 or SP3(what Vista really is) fanboy.

11. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Easy there big fella. I was just kidding around. I have nothing but love for all of god's creatures, regardless of what their computing and OS preferences are.

But I have to say that, in my experience, Linux die-hards are just as obnoxious and, for lack of a better word, "nerdy" as you can get. Im sure there are exceptions, but Im just saying, from my experience Linux users have their glasses taped and the pocket protectors crammed full of pens and one mechanical pencil, while programming some sort of useless software in their mom's basement, surrounded by 5 half torn up computers that somehow still work. And they actually have pennies in their penny loafers.

But thats just my experience. Im sure its probably pretty rare. That wasnt meant to offend any of our users here who may or may not be Linux users. Just having a little fun... ;) :D