Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carizma22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Houston, TX
Today I had a dead MBA when I opened the lid after leaving it closed a couple of hours. I had about two hours left in memory when I closed it. I plugged it into the power cord before I opened the lid. It took a while for the reboot button to respond.

Earlier this week, I got a "you need to restart your computer" message one day. I had nothing plugged in that day or today, other than the power cord today, and I have not installed any new software. I have Mac OS 10.6.6.

Before this week, I haven't had any problems. I bought my MBA 4GB in November 2010.

I ran disk utility and verified the disk--no repairs, but lots of permissions repairs. Could that be why it crashed. The error code, by the way, today was Error code: 0x00000003.

Anything else I should do?

p1ally

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Mine does the same thing. I already had it replaced once for the same issue (the genius had NO idea what to do, so he swapped it out.)

The new one didn't do it for a while, but now it is. It's pretty annoying.

n1tut

macrumors regular
Mine to for the first time yesterday. The power button would not respond as well initially, took several attempts both with power lead in and out before it finally powered up.

Not a good omen.

tut

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.