Nothing in the Extensions section of Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by merkianushik, Feb 12, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

hey, guys!
    so i installed a while ago this xkit extension for tumblr and everything was working well and all. a while agp i started having problems with the website on both safari and firefox and decided to uninstall that, excuse my french, ****. i had no problem uninstalling it from firefox, but can't say the same about safari.

on the website of xkit, it says i should go to safari - preferences - extensions and just uninstall it from there. however, when i go into the preferences, there's just a blank page.
    why is it blank, where are all the extensions and is there another way to remove that from my safari?

PLEASE HELPPP

Attached Files:

2. LPZ
    macrumors 65816

In the Finder Go menu, choose Go to Folder and enter

Code:
    ~/Library/Safari/Extensions
    See if there's a file there related to the extension. If so, remove it.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

hey, i am sorry, but i don't get the part of "finder go menu, choose go to folder".. what exactly am i supposed to do? i am retarded, thank you.

4. LPZ
    macrumors 65816

1) Click anywhere on your desktop (not in any window).

2) The name Finder should then appear next to the :apple: at the top-left corner of your screen.

3) To the right of Finder, click on Go. That should open a menu, and in that menu, choose Go to Folder.

4) Enter the following in the Go to Folder box:

Code:
    ~/Library/Safari/Extensions
    5) In that folder, see if there's a file whose name suggests that it's related to whatever you are trying to delete. If so, remove that file.