Nothing will mount on Powermac G5????

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mocman, Feb 25, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

I just reinstalled tiger and now need to start installing my other apps. I get the failed to mount on everything including stuff that I download. I have repaired permissions and rebooted to no avail. I even went as far to try install Leopard and states need essentials??:mad:.........Any Suggest???? Thanks MC

2. macrumors 6502

Sounds bad, can you re-format?

3. macrumors regular

this is a format and reinstall of tiger.....I tried to install Leopard but always got the can not verify essentials.............

4. macrumors 6502

it is leaning toward hardware.... Do you have an external/internal hd you could try it with to eliminate the costlier elements

5. macrumors regular

well installed tiger again last nite and all seems to be fine as of now. The only thing I can figure is that I did not reformat after getting the essential error on the leopard side. I read alot about a memory issue causing that and took the added memory out to no avail. I also have a different superdrive in there and think that may be the problem but oh well. Just got frustrated about the leopard deal and went back to tiger............thanks for the advice.....MC